Ummmm...What the HELL did you just say?

I am totally blown away by this. My sister just divorced, its not even final yet. She has serious emotional problems, anxiety and chronic depression, both requiring medication. She has full custody of their three kids. One has severe autism, is non vocal and becoming violent. She doesn't have a job, and isn't looking for one. Her kids are rude, loud and destructive to say the least. They have no respect for anything or anyone. Her idea of parenting is to say "no" until they ask a few more times, then "Fine!! Take it!!" and she spends all day screaming herself hoarse at them. They are 6, 5 and 3.

She just told me that she thinks having another baby will be the best thing in the world for her kids, both for their attitudes and her views on life. She ISN'T pregnant, nor likely to become so, since she isn't "seeing" anyone, buy where in the HELL does somebody with 3 kids she can't support or parent, who is getting state assistance just to feed her kids, living for free in her parents basement, and completely emotioanally miserable get the idea that adding another child to the situation is not just a good idea, but the BEST idea??!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try to get her some help. Another child is the last thing she needs at this point.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you already answered this question.. she's not stable.. but I think you want validation.. so, yes, I believe that is a VERY unrealistic approach to life.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Not good.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yeah, she sounds totally unrealistic and dumb. On the other hand, she's an adult. BTW - I feel the same way about my sister.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• sisters you  got love them even when you want to slap em......but you need to talk her into therapy because she sounds unstable

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think your sister needs a lot more help then just what the doctor prescribed. Counseling, therapy is something that she really needs. If she wasn't acting like this before the divorce it's obvious that it has taken a toll on her and raising 3 kids with no help can also be a lot. The best thing you can do for her is try to talk her into getting help.
    Ilovebeingamom8

Answer by Ilovebeingamom8 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• quit judging! She makes her decisions as an adult also BC is a sin, and if she has another, God wanted her to! I cant satnd when people make big deals out of what others do... FAMILY OR NOT
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011