Do you like your vacuum cleaner?

Our $100 vacuum cleaner has bit the dust and I'm shopping around for something new. I was thinking about the DC25 Animal, (dyson) but is it really worth all the cash??? I was fairly happy with the $100 one and it lasted 5 years. What do you have??? And if you have the Dyson, is it worth it???

Valen43

Asked by Valen43 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Shopping

• Its well worth it. We have a dyson as well, and once we bought it vacuumed over the floor with the old vacuum first then again with the Dyson and WOW, it blew me away how much shit the Dyson picked up!!! 400 dollars later I'm still impressed every other day at what it grabs!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Also if you go to a vacuum store, not just like target or wal mart or something to get your vacuum, even if your vacuum doesn't work, sometimes they will give you money for the old one. We got 10% off our Dyson and our other one was crap!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No. I have a Dyson and still not all that. The suction slows down alot. But you do not have to replace anything but not worth it for me at all. Very disappointed....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you have a warranty, go get it checked out geminilove, it shouldn't be giving you trouble
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have a Kirby and love it and have had it 20 years. They pretty much last forever.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I love my kirby. I wish I hadn't let them take my old one though because I don't want to clean up really nasty stuff with my OVERpriced vac.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 9:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have the dyson DC 14 animal. It works like it did the first day! All of the based models are the same what make them different is the attachments that come with the machine. If I had known that at the time I had bought mine I would have bought the DC 14 all floor model or something like that and would have saved myself $100.

So want the DC25 that's great, but if you don' really need all he other specially attachments that the animal comes with then get the cheaper DC25 model and save yourself the money. All the DC25 vacuums are the same, what makes one an animal and the other all floor is the color and specialty attachments with.

My vacuum is 7 years old! I've NEVER had a vacuum last so long......as I said it still works like it did on day one!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had a Dyson when I actually had carpeting. It was the best vacuum I have ever used. So yes, definitely worth the money.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have a dyson, and I love it! I don't have the animal though. I just have the regular one. Been having over 2 years and the suction is just as good as the first day! I have 3 friends who also own dysons that are very pleased with them.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 9:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Our vacuum also just took a crap. We have a fantom and only the attatchment has suction and I think it over heats because after about one room it shuts itself off.
    We were looking at a Dyson but then we found an LG Kompressor on sale. Originally about the same price as the Dyson we were looking at (somewhere between $450-500) but on sale for a little less than $200. We put it on layaway. It boasts that it never loses sucton, bagless, has a blade that compacts the dirt so you don't have to empty the can as often, HEPA filter, traps 99.9% of allergens and dust... more but I orget. Plus a 5 year warranty.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2011