There's a cricket under the fridge.

I'm gonna go crazy. lol see I'm already laughing out loud. Anyone know of some cricket bait? What do crickets eat anyway?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Crickets are omnivores. In the wild, they primarily feed on dead insects, young plants, fungi, and decaying plants. They are predacious on other insects as well as one another. They also eat bread crumbs and are particularly attracted to liquids, especially beer and sweetened vinegar. When these liquids are placed in suitable containers, they may drown due to their fondness of liquids.
    Also, if you want to keep a cricket as a pet, you can feed it dog food, and wet lettuce!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Do you have any of the canned air to clean keyboards and such with? I would so be spraying that at the little booger. Might make him move.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think if she's looking to feed it, she doesn't want to squish it Rosie :) I have to laugh, every summer we get at least one cricket in the house. I can never find the blasted thing, though :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I just want to catch and release. I don't want to kill it. I did see it earlier and went to get the dustpan with thoughts that it would get on the dustpan and easy out but.. it disappeared further under. Thane (my son) asked about a cricket trap.. lol We'll see what happens. I thought they were a nocturnal insect but it's pretty dark under the fridge. Exciting life I have.. yakking about a cricket. lol
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thank you for all the info! I got the cricket and put it outside. It's free! :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011