Situational praise and rewards?

Does the situation or setting change whether you reward(giveing gifts) versus praise your child(ren)?

mamajojo024

Asked by mamajojo024 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I praise my child for just about everything. I'm not stingy with it. Of course, I believe in saying please and thank you, and I consider that to be a form of praise at times! I only give gifts for holidays, but I do celebrate DS's "un-birthday" in the middle of the year, on the oppostite day of his birthday. We spend the day together. I like to reward my son with my attention and my time, rather than giving him a lot of crap. He had a really super school year, and he's getting a mohawk haircut as a reward, and we are going to spend the first few days of summer and that weekend doing a lot of stuff together as a family, like a staycation.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i praise and reward alot some times too much
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011