Rules?

What do you think is the hardest part of making rules your kids will follow?

mamajojo024

Asked by mamajojo024 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• i agree having to repeat myself about them over and over and over and over.......its like they didnt change so why are asking again.....sigh teenagers are the worse.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Getting yourself and dh on the same page. Some days when he's at work a "rule" will come out of a situation. If we haven't had a chance to connect on the day yet it can cause problems.
    We've caught on and for the most part can seem to tell when the kids are up to something and we will ask the kids, What did Mommy/Dady say about this?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Probably just teaching them the rules. They are small and forget easily. Our brains are not fully developed until our 20;s so I imagine a child under 5 probably has a difficult time remember basic rules. I just go over them again and again until they can tell me what the rules are.

Answer by gemgem at 9:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• NOTHING I am an adult and they have to follow my simple but nessacary rules!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2011