Do you think Casey Anthony is going to be forced to testify now?

For the past two days of the trial the jury has been watching visitation that was recorded by the jail that clearly shows how she lied, and how odds are she is making up the story of being molested. In essence these video tapes are her testifying because the jury is getting to hear her in her own words "explain" and lie and hurt her own family with her lies. They are hearing her lead investigators down the wrong path. They are listening to her say Caylee will be home soon. They are hearing her name suspects and people her parents should not trust and could be involved.
Because of this do you think she will HAVE to testify to try and explain why she lied and did what she did on video? I think her only chance to explain herself would force her to have to testify. What do you think?

Asked by gemgem at 9:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that her only chance of saving her own life would be to try to testify away the lies...but I don't think it will be successful. Kind of like your only chance of surviving a drowning is learning how to swim as the waves carry you out to sea. Yeah, I guess there is a chance...but not a good one!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree she will have no choice.

Answer by older at 10:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• She had no choice before this even began. She's told so many stories and made up so many people (over 40 on a list Baez used in the cross exam of her mother) and now with the whole thing about how that baby supposedly drown and she was the only one there. In order for the jury to believe that line even if it's just to the point of reasonable doubt she's going to have to recount it. As for the molestation, the defense can't bring that up unless the prosecution brings it up first otherwise all of her convictions and everything else will be allowed to be admitted into evidence in view of the jury. She did this to herself with all of her lies, it's a "make your bed and lay in it" type of thing.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• She will never testify-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If she wants to have any hope of "proving" her defense she will have to testify. Her testimony is the only evidence of the sexual abuse she is claiming. Putting her on the stand will be suicide for them though. i don't see this trial ending well for her.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well regardless she always can reserve the right to not testify at her own trial. It's the law, anyone has the right to not testify at their own trial due to further incrimination. So if she does it would still be her choice.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yah, but it won't matter. They will just figure she's lying again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't bother (I know it's her choice). She has already been proven a liar, if not a very adept pathological liar. Why would the jury have any reason to believe her testimony on the stand? Because she 'says' it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Yeah. Why bother.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh I know its her choice and most wont testify but with everything shes lied about its almost like she is going to HAVE to or just be found guilty. It really would be her last shot.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011