What natural remedies could I use to help me get through this cold...

I have had a stiff neck since yesterday, a runny nose, a chaffed upper lip and nose, and I hardly had any sleep due to constantly blowing my nose. I feel so miserable.

So far I am just drinking tea and using icy hot.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 10:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• We use a low mucus diet when we have a cold. Basically avoid foods that tend to thicken mucus, eat foods that help the mucus to drain. Avoid all milk products, bananas, white breads. Eat plenty of other fresh fruit, especially pears. Get plenty of vitamin C and water. Drinking hot tea can also help with congestion, and we use vapor rub (just a little under your nose) to help us sleep better at night.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You could use emergen-c, echinasia, golden seal, miracle mineral supplement (the best, found online). Raw juice, do you have a juicer? Lots of water!!
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Vit C and Zinc - I double up on these whenever I feel a cold coming on and in beginning stages.

I've also in past mixed equal parts vinegar and water to a few tsp honey. While it doesnt taste the best, it seems to help the throat.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2011