Towels? How do 4 people use 15 towels in 2 days?

Seriously. I feel I am forever washing towels. We have 4 people in this house and around 15 bath towels, not to mention smaller towels for cleaning and what not. I dont understand how they are using all these damned towels? My dd is 6 so I know she is using two towels at the most in 2 days, which leaves 13 towels. I use 2, that leaves 11 towels between my husband and 17 yr old son. I dont get it?

Asked by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My husband is the same way. He has to use a clean towel each and every time he needs one. I use mine, hang it up, use it again and so go the process. Some people don't believe the way I do on this subject, haha.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My mother taught me a trick last weekend. It's soo smart I don't know why I didn't think of it. She said just take things up for 1/2 the day and pretend you washed them and give em back. It really helps with a 4yr. old that thinks any spill even water on his clothes mean rip it off and throw in laundry basket.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 10:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I need to show your post to my dh, he's always asking the same only there are 7 of us, lol.

I do know my girls want a fresh towel every time they need one. Sometimes hanging a towel for latter use doesn't work cause it gets knocked down.

Then again, out of 7 people 5 of us are girls, maybe that has something to do with it? lol :-)
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 10:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• When my parents come to visit my brother will use 4 bath towels each time he showers - one for his hair, one for his body, one for his butt, and one clean one for standing on when he gets out of the shower. He's OCD to the nth degree and has aspergers and there is no reasoning with him. I just do a lot of laundry when they are here.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• LOL we go through spurts in this house where a certain item such as towels, cups, something get used an an alarming rate & I feel like I am always cleaning them & dont understand why they are getting used so frequently!

I know that now its summer time towels are getting used up more often in our household simply bc my daughter plays outside & gets soaking wet & needs a towel hahaha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Its driving me insane! I am the one who has to do the laundry.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh I dont mind them using a new towel for every shower/bath lol. I also have secondary towels for outside by the pool in the pool area. I am cool with that too. I am not counting those. For some reason THOSE pool towels they dont mind using over and over.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We use towels for a week and then they get washed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011