What should I do?

I finally found a guy who's really great...but one problem. He doesn't have a job, and hasn't had one in months. It's not that he's not looking, he's just....I dunno. Bad luck?

My ex {the father of my daughter} was a leech and drained me for all I was worth and I went $3000 in debt because of him. I just can't do that again.

I dunno if I should leave him, or give him a chance. I just don't know how much longer I can wait. He's draining me already.....smoking all my cigerettes, eatting my food, and bugging me for money to feed him. And I'm broke myself and I work VERY HARD for my money....

What do you suggest?

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Yea leave...
    Anonymous

• don't get in any deeper. not fair to your daughter, to him, or to you....
    maybe when he gets on his feet.....
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Break up now before you get too serious honey...Find a good man who is a gentleman to you and treats you like a lady.
    Anonymous

• I'm wondering what the difference between this one and the last is except that your eyes are being opened sooner...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• umm her daughter passed away PROGENITOR...In heaven :)
    Anonymous

• NO NO NO!!! It sounds like you have a pattern going on in your life!! Tell him you need to take a break (you don't need to give him a time limit) from your relationship and get him away from your home and finances!! I will tell you exactly what I have told other women who ask that same question--let me enlighten you--- a man who CARES about you BRINGS food, offers to cook it for you, and asks if there's anything you need and will provide it if he is able to. He will gain the skills he needs to EMPLOY HIMSELF if he cannot find a job working for someone else!!!( How do I know this? My dh is SELF EMPLOYED, and makes good money for us, that's how!) On the other hand, a man who cares only for himself will ask to borrow money, eat food that is supposed to be for your children , and does not care if your bills are paid or what you and your kids do without as long as he "gets his". There Crash Course finished.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I see a pattern developing here. Time to go, and don't start anything with anybody else who doesn't have a steady job.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Tell him it's been fun but he's got to go or get a job. You don't want to be his mom.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• He's leaving for the navy in August, and he "says" they'll be paying him good money and he can take care of me. But that doesn't help me RIGHT NOW. I have been working my ASS off at my job, and I had to spend money on a new phone because he left mine on the bus {and the money was suppose to go to my kitten for the vet}. I understand accidents happen, but he's constantly fucking up {excuse my language, I'm just super upset}.

Ya'll have been such a huge support in so many of the situations in my life....THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING FRIENDS!!! :)
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• He may be a nice guy but you don't need someone else to take care of, go tell him to get a job at McDonalds. Minimum wage is better then no wage.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008