He poops in the potty but how do I get him to pee in it?

He will poop in the potty and knows that he did a good thing but he will not pee in the potty. he knows he is suppose to because a couple months ago he was would sit on his potty and go pee before bath.

Right now he is in big boy underwear and wants wear them. When he has to pee he goes somewhere, hides and pees.

I tried to get him to stand and pee because that seems to be when he pees he is standing up. It's kind of difficult for me to show him. This last time we spent 45 mins in the bathroom. I read to him sang whatever to keep his attention while he stood at the big potty. Then he tells me no pee pee mommy so I took him down. He runs into the livingroom and I go to the kitchen to grab him a drink. Comein to the livingroom and he has peed on the dog bed.

What can I do?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 10:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, it seems you have the opposit problem others have. My SIL had her son pee outside at first. It was fun for him to pee on the trees, rocks, etc. Of course that isn't alway a great idea. We used M&Ms. He would get one each time he peed in the potty. It worked well b/c he doesnt' get chocolate very often. We are still working on the pooping part.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 4:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Throw cheerioes in there and have him "aim " for them.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• add cearel
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011