He poops in the potty but how do I get him to pee in it?

He will poop in the potty and knows that he did a good thing but he will not pee in the potty. he knows he is suppose to because a couple months ago he was would sit on his potty and go pee before bath.

Right now he is in big boy underwear and wants wear them. When he has to pee he goes somewhere, hides and pees.

I tried to get him to stand and pee because that seems to be when he pees he is standing up. It's kind of difficult for me to show him. This last time we spent 45 mins in the bathroom. I read to him sang whatever to keep his attention while he stood at the big potty. Then he tells me no pee pee mommy so I took him down. He runs into the livingroom and I go to the kitchen to grab him a drink. Comein to the livingroom and he has peed on the dog bed.

What can I do?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 10:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried like a cheerio to "AIM" at.. make it a bit more fun for him? Stickers or something as a reward/bribe?!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• fruit loops...i used fruit loops and told my son to try and sink them like a game
    semipsychobaker

Answer by semipsychobaker at 10:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I tried the cherrio thing but i don't think he gets it. I'm waiting for Daddy to get home to show him better then Mommy. Plus I am going to try putting Woody on the potty to go pee. See if that works. Someone in a group told me to do that.....
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Tell him he will get m&m's (or whatever he loves) when he pees on the potty.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011