How can people be so mean? Wrote a nice letter to someone and no answer?

Long time ago I can on here to meet friends and I do have great ones on here now. But had a friend that lives near me that I thought was a friend but told me off one day and since then we have not talked again. But see her daughter and my daughter are friends and trying to move to be with parents due to a divorce. I wrote a nice letter telling her that and asked if her daughter and mine could be pen pals and I wrote if does not want to talk to me could write so I could ally she would still be friends with her but just pen pals. Well no letter and is that just mean? Would you write one way or the other? just asking and hope to get some opinions on the subject. Thanks.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• It is kind of mean, but it gives you a change to filter out friendships that were never true.

Answer by older at 10:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• hugs Sorry to hear they are being so immature!

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• When you do something truly nice for someone else you don't expect anything in return.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• well of course it hurts thinking you have a true friend &then realize you dont but you will find better it will take time but you dont need her in yourlife
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'll play devils advocate here...what about her feelings? What' if she's still hurt over the issue the two of you had and she has decided to wait until she feels comfortable to talk with you or to respond to your letter? Does that mean she's rude? Does that mean she should respond because you decided to reach out and made ammends during a rough period in her life? Since she's going through her own personal problems "divorce" and has decided not to respond to your letter, did it occur to you that she may need time to adjust to the new life she's about to have and all the other emotional issues she's facing?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• to mom2mybabes I am the one going through a divorce and not her. I wrote since I hope to me with my girls and wanted to know if the girls could stay in touch to make it easier for my girls when they know about the divorce that they could still write their friends.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well, since you cleared that up...maybe she has decided to end the friendship...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011