Deleted answers

I have seen a few answers deleted recently on several peoples posts. Some of them seem to have come off as a little rude. Just wondering if people maybe thought better of what they said or what. Anyway....I think if you post something you regret there is no harm in removing it. I actually kind of like it. Thoughts?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I have done that a couple times.. where I answer and then go back thinking, well, I was way off or rude just there and didn't mean to be so I will delete it if I can't find a better way to answer or say what I mean..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• As long as the question is open you can. It's no big deal. But, once the question is closed your answer is there. If you don't like what you are posting (not pointed at OP, just at the CM world in general) don't post it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OH YEAH..I've done it. Yesterday I was in a 'mood' and not all my answers were nice and sweet and kind, some were abrupt, rude, and brutally to the point. I've removed a couple, not that I changed my mind but because they weren't touchy feely I care about your self-esteem nice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sometimes CM deletes because of a report or their own discretion. However, if done because of the latter, CM will tell why. If an answer was reported, CM notifies the one who answered.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• there is nothing wrong with deleted your answers if you go back and reread it and figure it doesn't sound right or it may be taken the wrong way then there is no harm in removing it. Cafemom also removes some answers sometimes if they get reported or such--as dullscissors said
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I see no problem with it. I think it makes people seem more adult. As in oops...that was wrong...let me delete that.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have deleted a few because of awful spelling. I put up an answer quickly in return.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I've seen entire questions deleted. I've been typing up an answer and go to post and poof the question goes away!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I deleted a question the other day I had asked for a few reasons, one, I felt I had divulged too much personal information; two, while I received some wonderful and supportive advice, I was offended by others comments on something that was a very sensitive situation; third, I could tell that people who answered my question had not fully read my original question or the subsequent posts I had made in reply to others questions; therefore some of those answers seemed self-righteous and rigid to me. I came to Cafe Mom humbly for thoughtful support, not rude and uninformed answers. There are no one-size-fits-all answers. If that were so, we'd all be happy, perfect people! :)
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 5:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I deleted an answer last night. I thought my answer would be helpful then realized after I read it back that maybe it could be construed as me being all knowing and I'm not. I'm not here to say hurtful things to anyone, but sometimes it's hard to articulate my words for someone else to understand.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011