Is it ok to paint while pregnant?

I have to move my little girls room upstairs and I want to make if fun. I just don't know if it is ok to paint while I am pregnant. Thanks

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i painted while i was pregnant, but i had the windows open. you want to make sure the room is well-ventilated.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I always pain when I am pregnant. Just make sure that you there is proper ventilation and you should be good to go. We have moved twice in the last 8 years and had to paint the inside of the house and it always seems to happen when I am pregnant.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure it was ok....I think I still might ask my Dr.
    Trinitysmom1205

Comment by Trinitysmom1205 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Just make sure there is good ventalation, and don't do it for more than a couple of hours at a time, there is also a new "green" paint that has zero fumes, but I can't remember what it is called!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• new paints aren't like the old oil based paints of my generation.. and my parents generation.. they are much safer. good ventilation like others have said .. you and your baby should be fine.
    momkelly2

Answer by momkelly2 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I painted while I was pregnant. Just make sure that it's well ventilated. I opened both windows in the room and used fans in it.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011