My birthday gift

I want a new coffee pot. I'm not big on the single serve Keurigs. Nice. But not for this house. What do you have and do you like it?

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I will trade you can have our coffee brewing big pot thing & I will totally take the keurig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one soooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ours is just some old cheap walmart thing probably had it for six years now but we have rarely used it bc the last few years we lived nextdoor to a coffee place where any size cup was 99cents lol so we went there every day instead!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I know you don't want a Keurig - BUT, did you know that you can buy a reusable cup/filter for them, and use your own coffee, instead of buying K-cups? Then you could make it as strong or weak as you wanted, using your own grounds - the cup costs about $17 but for *me* it would be totally worth it! That said, I have a cheapy Black & Decker that I LOVE - I just don't drink enough coffee on a daily basis to make it worth it - *I* would benefit from a Keurig!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• The Keurig is waaaay to strong for my taste preference! I like starbucks caramel coffee and just regular folgers.
    cailynsmommy626

Comment by cailynsmommy626 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Our gas station here has a keurig & when I have to use it (meaning they dont have any pots of coffee bc they are busy which is the reason they have it & for special flavors too) I brew into a 20oz cup so its not as strong I'm sure. How about doing that you could brew out of the same coffee container twice as much then if you dont drink all of that save the other half in the fridge for a cup of ice coffee later (if you like ice coffee) or if not you didnt waste any money by dumping the extra bc you used the same brewing cup *shrugs* a thought lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• good idea, because I love iced coffee too. Sounds like you're trying to get on my good side so you can use my Keurig! :) kidding!
    cailynsmommy626

Comment by cailynsmommy626 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Try it lol if you like it then you can ask for something else for your bday like clothing shopping!!!!!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2011