What should I make for lunch today...

left over lentil soup? Left over Sloppy Lens? Grilled cheese again? (we made that yesterday.) Either way the side is apple slices or carrot sticks... maybe both... or I could do salad I think... yeah I could. ::sigh:: ideas?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 10:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Oh Hey Mommie, I was going to ask you, I've seen you mention you have discovered Lentils.. I bought some last night after trying to do dietary changes for Max but what do you do with them? Like what kinds of meals can you make with Lentils?
    my answer.. grilled cheese!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• max- Recently I have made lentil soup using a basic home made stock, lentils, rice, carrots, onion and some garlic and spices. Its different every time I make it! lol Sloppy joes worked REALLY well. you can find a few home made sauce recipes online. I admit this time I was lazy and used manwich (I know bad mommie lol) WE also made taco last night with the lentils. That was awesome as well! If you want any specific recipes I can PM them to you. I just had a few sent to me from some one else so I haev no tried them all yet!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That would be great!! thank you SO much!!! I have to learn to cook more homemade for him and that would help a lot!! thanks again!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I vote for a combination - soup, sandwich, and apples.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2011