Barbie like toys for boys?

My 3 year old loves barbies and I have no problem with him playing with them but I'm not going to buy them for him. So any ideas? He has a woody and jessie and he loves them but it's not the same as having a huge set of something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• idk, i'd buy him a barbie if he asked for one. i don't see it as any different than buying my daughter a tonka truck or GI joe. if he wants it and it won't collect dust in the corner, go for it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• What about the Flynn Rider doll from tangled? or like the Ken barbie doll?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Just buy the barbie doll geesh you can get them for like $4-6

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• why not just get him a barbie and gi joe dress barbie up in camo and call them a happy married marines couple
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 11:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• maybe he likes barbie's knockers? LMAO
    no, but seriously. who friggin' cares if he prefers to play with Barbie over his "boy" toys. what's the big deal? are we seriously still terrified of boys playing with girl's toys that their bound to turn gay?? move on from that theory!!! puhlease, there really is no logic in it!!
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I get what you are saying. What about the imaginex heros (fire men, police men, etc/ both boy & girl), wrestling figures (both boy and girl), military figures, movie sets (Wizard of Oz, Narnia, Aladdin, etc.).
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That is all my boys played with. They are action figures. We have around 15-20 different batmen. They come in different colors. We also have superman, spiderman, etc. I wouldn't buy barbie for a boy either.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have the same dilemma! The toy industry is really missing out here! GI Joes are only fun for him to a point really- and really what is the difference between a GI Joe doll and a Barbie besides gender- not to mention all the cool and fun accessories of course!!! I am thinking of getting my kiddo a Barbie and Ken doll- there is nothing wrong with it at all!
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Also look at Imagin-Ex. They have great pirate ships that come with pirates. I think it's just a doll house for boys. We also have a batman house from them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I was gonna say a Ken doll. But I don't see what is wrong with him having a Barbie too. It's all just roll playing at that age.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011