Animal mothers eating their young.

While I jsut found this as a good title, im ready to join if my kid doesnt calm the heck down. Im completely at my witts end with his constant screaming. Dad is at work so hes no help, and when he does get home I dont want to leave him alone with him bc then I will feel guilty, DH doesnt get that I want him to offer to take Aiden off my hands for a while so I can go and read a book, or just go out for a few hours. Yes I understand he works, but heck thats 9 hours away from me and Aiden and Im with Aiden 24/7. He is really driving me nuts right now. Ive never really been one for having a ton of patience but right now its just particularly bad in my trying to keep my mind level. PS - this is a vent, Id never eat or harm my child.

kgrine

Asked by kgrine at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL That was my first thought when I read the title... There are days when I'm thinking they have to right idea!! LOL :o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well I think you need to ASK and not wait for him to offer although I do understand the guilt you are talking about which prevents me from having even one single hobbie or shopping trip alone.. but I am also working outside the home so I am sure its only multiplied for you.. Good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hes just been screaming for hours at this awful annoying pitch. Just because he isnt getting his way. Ive had a loonng week and this on top of it isnt any easier.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sometimes men are just dense,,,,LOL! I would make myself an appointment for a manicure tomorrow and tell your DH that he will be having Daddy and babytime tomorrow, my friend has a very hight maintence toddler and she just told her husband, I need 5 giyrs a week to myself, so you pick it, but I am getting it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you are no way no how alone on that!! UUURRGH my hubby gets mad when I want to do the food shopping alone lol..
    Hope you get some alone time... and remember cribs/packnplays and you in the batnhroom alone for 10 min is help!

Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 11:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• He screamed his head off for 2 hours in his crib. now holing him hes fine. earlier he didnt want anything
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i love the disclaimer i'd never eat or harm my child haha.
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 11:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That sounds like how the first 2 years were with Max lol!~ its not easy mama.. I agree you should make an appt somewhere or just tell your DH hey honey, I'm going to go to the bookstore for some ME time to just read for a couple hours.. its a nice way of Not asking
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I've often told my DD "If I were a cat, I would have eaten you by now."
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• LOL Love it! I calmy talked patience into myself as i walked into his room, told him he was driving me up awall and i brought him into the living room with me, and h was fine after some cuddle time. Then we went outside to py he ate apeanut butter sandwich and then layed down for a nap!! YAY for this mommy!!!!
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011