Are you afraid of letting others get close to you?

I do... sometimes :(

LanaisSky96

Asked by LanaisSky96 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I never used to be but I'm ending up this way
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No. God says to have no fear. You can only live with one of the two-Love or Fear. You cannot live with or in both. What kind of life would you give to your child? The one you have chosen for yourself to be sheltered and unhurt? God doesn't want that life for you either.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I understand your point Anonymous :)
    LanaisSky96

Comment by LanaisSky96 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes. I have always been like that just because I feel like whenever I do I get hurt. So you're not alone.
    Megan1213

Answer by Megan1213 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I will say this I ws desperate for a relationship before my hubby. Luckily I married the perfect man for me. If something ever happened to my hubby. I would be massivly more cautious bout people. I look back at people I dated and think wht the *************************was I thinking.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 11:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You have to be a friend in order to have a friend, and if your feelings never got hurt in any kind of relationship then you didn't give all that you should have. The most times, when feelings get hurt, the offender doesn't even realize they have hurt you. It's hard to be human on both sides the giving and the receiving ends. It's ok to be hurt sometimes by others, it proves your human. And we all need to realize that we have unintentionally hurt others too. It's a choice really. Love and smiles cannot be enjoyed until it's given away with no expectations of what your gonna get in return.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes I do. I was abused by my parents as a child & havent spoken to my bio mom in 8years. Of course I have a large list of relationships that didnt work out but none of those affected me like my parents treating me badly did. I have had many many many people close to me in my life die & have watched many people in general die in front of my eyes.

I am better today then I ever have been in my life though but that is bc I have surrounded myself with a good group of people who I consider to be family & these people have taught me many things. I am very walled up though at first for everyone & still dont connect well with people such as my mother in law. It actually took me many many many years to even be okay with the people I now consider to be family & they had to break me in honestly which wasnt easy.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yea, that's why i only have one friend. i don't trust my mother anymore, or my sister. long story but they both lie way too much.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have not gotten close to anyone in years therefore no one has gotten close to me in years. I'm okay with that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes !!! Very afraid.
    Jamesgirl368

Answer by Jamesgirl368 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2011