Ahhhhh help! Cant get rid of this forceful, dry itchy cough! Allergies! Ideas?

It's definitely allergies. It's dry and my throat itches to high he'll. I was up all night. Claritin didn't work.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• Warm cup of tea with some honey
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Same boat here! I suck on a Halls Mentho-Lyptus and that gives me a little relief. I've been taking Sudafed too but that dries my sinuses so bad. Regular allergy meds just aren't cutting it this year, I'm about to call the doc!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Could it be asthma? I had a horrible persistent cough that turned out to be asthma. I had no idea. Nothing helped but a prescribed inhaler.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It could be more than allergies. Have you had allergy tests done? It could be asthma as well, which is what I was diagnosed with, and I had some of the same symptoms. I take Zyrtec and Singulair everyday, in addition to asthma inhalers and a nasal spray...Sometimes I have to take a steroid pack as well, due to the hacking cough, irritated throat, and hoarseness. But I had allergy testing done, as well as, asthma tests. Maybe you could ask your physician for additional testing to see if there is something else that is impacting you.
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 1:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Allegra is EXCELLENT! It's available over the counter now. I used to get it through prescription. I have tried everything & it's the only one that works & doesn't make me drowsy or speed up. I have the same issues as you with seasonal allergies & started taking it about a month ago. This season is the WORST allergy season yet! Try Allegra you'll feel a lot better!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Try chestal honey, it tastes good & works as well!
    Saritha

Answer by Saritha at 1:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011