Do you have family night?

if so what night; and what do you do? Just looking for some new ideas to do as a family at home

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Every night is family night! We eat together as a family every night and the kids aren't allowed to go out on a school night so we're all here. We don't really plan anything, but we usually end up playing a board game, working on a craft project (my husband and kids are into remote control cars) or playing a game together on the Wii.

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We have a family day, every Sunday. It is the only day SO and I both have off from work, so we spend the entire day, just the two of us with our daughter. We do different stuff, going out for a meal, going to the movies, the park, renting movies and spending time at home, doing yardwork and playing outside, etc. Whatever we feel like doing that day, we just do it!!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We play the Wii, go for walks, play basketball, jumprope, tag, watch movies together, make our own movies together... but we do it on the spare of the moment. We found out when we planned family time, the kids had other plans...so doing family time at the spare of the moment, works great for my family...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We connect over video games...or rather Konnect. We pick out a movie and watch it, but we don't do it as often as we use to. We try to do it every Sunday. We're trying to start it back up again on Sundays by letting the kids choose what they want to do so we can explore the Island through the kids eyes.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• this is something I want to do with DD as she gets older.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We make/eat breakfast together every Sunday morning ( well almost always) which usually leads into a family discussion and some other family activity. My son loves to stir the batter for waffles or make faces on pancakes with blueberries and to help set the table. I try to do something seasonal and fun at the breakfast table like going out to pick some fresh flowers together as a centerpiece or making our own placemats first., or getting a bunny cookie cutter for the toast or Christmas jimmies or something silly to mark the morning "special" Last week we did orange juice with crazy straws--a silly little thing that kept us engaged.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We rotate every other week. One week it is movie night and the next week it is game night.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Full family day on Sunday... park/pool picnic, and then games and a movie!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well first of all, My husband Eli, and I eat dinner with our five kids every night at our dining room table. But Eli gets Saturdays and Sundays off, so on Saturdays we go somewhere together (park, movies, lake etc.) and then come home and spend the whole day doing what the kids want (playing board games, coloring, Wii) and we usually follow up by going out for dinner. And on Sundays we all go to church together!
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011