3yo!

Just was curious what your 3yo was interested in learning?

My daughter loves presidents she is currently learning them but has a hard time with all the different names. We are working on the first four but its taking longer for her to learn them then it did for say the planets which only took a couple days for her to learn all their names. She knows the first man to the moon & asked me who others were which I have no clue! She wants to know all the dinosaur names & I mean the big fancy word for them. We are learning the states on the map & she has a few of them down as to where they are. Continents she has a huge interest in. We are learning things about other countries so I ask her where the effile (sp) tower is & she'll say Paris, France etc

So what kinds of interesting things does your 3yo ask to learn? BTW my daughter has asked to learn all of these things & each time it blows me away & I have to either go buy a book or google up the info bc honestly I dont know usually! Now that I wrote all of this out I think she likes names I mean she gives all her animals/toys/things names all the time & constantly asks me what the names of everyone & everything are! Well I figured something out while typing this up lol

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine just turned 3 last week, but she is most interested in learning how to write / spell things. She knows all of her letters, so she'll ask me how to draw different words. She can write her name, but we're working on different words, like mommy, daddy, grandpa, grandma, abuelo, abuela (SO's family is hispanic), dog, cat, etc. She doesn't like writing as much as she likes typing, though. Its kind of cute, she will ask me to "write" to my sister (text). My phone has a keyboard, so she will ask, "Mommy, how do you spell auntie?" And I'll tell her, she'll spell it out, and we'll send my sister a text that says "Auntie" LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thats cool!!! my ds is almost 3.5 yrs and we are currently working on the alphabet lol he can reconize the letters and say them but he wont say them in order or anything yet. he always wants me to spell out the charater names from "cars" and he will sometimes write out a letter or 2 and he also likes to see how to spell his name
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Wow - She might be a Mensa Member soon, that's fantastic Mommy!! My son is 3-1/2 and so far his interests are not anything close to that..lol!~ Cars trucks why does this work? why is that made yellow? look, you have a new pair of shoes on today! lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• oh BTW, the Mensa comment was not meant to be Snotty, she sounds really ahead of her game :)
    maxsmom11807