Have you been out on the sky walk @ the Grand Canyon?

My kids are 5ys and 22 months (At time of trip) and I am worried they will freak out on the skywalk.? I know I am going to be scared as hell but I am hoping the kids will like it..

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Travel

• I have been to the Grand Canyon 3 times and havent been to the skywalk, but I'm sure it's scary as heck, I can't wait to go out there! You can always give it a try, if you act scared they will feel your fear and freak out. The 22mo old prob woont notice but the 5yr old would. I know my 4yr old would freak!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• my step dad proposed to my mom there. i want to go. one day maybe.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 11:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I wish!! I did the ledge at the Sears Tower. My avatar is my feet and Chicago below me. My kids loved it. They were laying on the glass looking down. I want to go to the Grand Canyon. I will darn it!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No I haven't done the sky walk but I am sure it's amazing .
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We wanted to go on the Skywalk but it was SO expensive. The $30 for adults and $23 for kids I could swing, it was the required Legacy Pass that was another $44 per adult and $35 per kid that got me!

My kids were 4 and 1, and I couldn't justify $74 per adult and $58 for the older kid (almost $200) for it. Especially once I found out we couldn't take pictures (no cell phones, cameras, strollers - NOTHING but you and your clothes on the skywalk).

The kids shouldn't be too freaked out (at least no more than any other ledge); you don't walk on the clear part, you walk on carpet runners.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It sounds amazing but it is too expensive for us!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• no but was supposed to visit this summer.. can't now!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011