Sexy waiter

I am at this event last night and this sexy young waiter kept flirting with me all night. I was my SIL and my 19 year old daughter. I was classy and polite and DID NOT flirt back at all. My SIL thought it was hysterical and I was just embarrassed (and flattered). My 19 year old lil girl was not amused at all! She even voiced.."why?!" I feel awkward now, she actually seems mad. Do you have any idea why? Should I say anything? I don't want to sound like I am defending myself or protesting too much ya know.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I wouldn't say anything to her. Maybe she was offended that he wasn't flirting with her, who knows. I any case, congrats on still being one hot mama. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'd let it go. He could have been flirting with the person he thought was paying the bill in hopes to increase his tip.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OH! I just thought of something (and it may soothe the ego of the young girl) - he could have been flirting with the person most likely to leave him a decent tip. Not that you aren't a hot mama, just that from his position, the youngester isn't likely to be paying!!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• LOL That reminds me of the time we went to a mexican restaurant in downtown Houston. We had a gay waiter and he kept flirting with my 16 yr old son. LOL Was too funny really. Embarrassed my son something awful.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Not a big issue. Take the compliment and don't let the immature girl's feelings get to you.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Heh, she's just pissed that he was flirting with you and NOT her. No matter what the reason, her little ego was dented lol. She'll get over it. Just let it be. You did nothing wrong
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'd say jelousy played a big role in her reaction. Let it go, she'll get over it.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• hahaha ty ladies. meoma you are prob right, he saw me as the cash cow. lol Maybe I should tell her that. She would feel much better as she sees me like that too sometimes.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh and I did leave a good tip. He worked for it. LMAO!
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• The only reason that waiters flirt with an "older" woman is because they know who is paying the check and know that to flatter an "older" woman means a bigger tip.
    Anonymous