How bad is it for me to sleep on my back at 7 months pregnant?

im 29 weeks pregnant, and im 17. every night i go to sleep on my side, but when i wake up in the night im always on my back. no matter how i fall asleep i always end up on my back. and i know its suggested not to sleep on my back because it cuts off cirulation and puts pressure on things. how bad exactly is it for me to sleep on my back? or what can i do to prevent it?

Cassie8293

Asked by Cassie8293 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't prevent rolling over in your sleep. Don't worry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• so you dont think its an issue?
    Cassie8293

Comment by Cassie8293 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You sleep how ever you are comfortable. It isn't an issue other than comfort to sleep on your back, side, or stomach. Our bodes are made for protecting the baby inside.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• it's not an issue. if it cut off any circulation that YOU would know it and You would feel it, not your baby. and you would feel it before it did any damage
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• then*
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you can't prevent yourself from rolling over in your sleep. you could try using a body pillow & "hugging" it see if that helps...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• they say it is an issue.. and I guess if you slept sound for extened periods of time it may be a problem.
    I slept a lot on my back... if i woke up on my back I rolled over.. but two healthy kids later.. I would say don't worry too much.. ya do what you can. just ask your dr next visit.
    momkelly2

Answer by momkelly2 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My doctor told me don't go to sleep on your back, but if it happens while you are asleep, not to fret about it.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had the same problem so I would stick a body pillow on both sides of me to prevent me from rolling onto my back.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I sleep a lot on my back because its the only way i feel comfortable but what i do is i modify it a little bit put a couple pillows behind you and your back so your slightly elevated. Also stick a pillow under your right hip itll slant your body to the left and help circulation, i have high blood pressure so im supposed to always be on my left for circulation. But sleeping good while pregnant is a blessing and i get that blessing on my back so far my blood pressure has been improving with the modified laying. Good luck
    alexareh

Answer by alexareh at 3:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011