Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Car rental place that will let a third party pay with CC by phone?

My MIL wants to rent us a car for our summer vacation but she is in another state. Does anybody know of anyplace that will allow her to phone in a rental? OR, she can present her card at a different location of the same rental place so it's on file.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Travel

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I think she can call them and get it set up where you are renting the car.

    Answer by kimigogo at 12:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • Ask if a credit card authorization form would be acceptable. She faxes written authorization with the card info on it to the branch with her signature. At least in the hotel biz we need something in writing but will take an auth form (which is common for our corporate travelers) .

    Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • None that I know of. My parents have tried more than once over the years and we have yet to find any. You can usually put a cash dep down though through Enterprise so Id call them and see if they wont send the cash for the deposit and do it that way.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • Not that I am aware of.

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • I would think if you went there with your license and then called your MIL for the credit card info, they would do it, why not? Call and ask first though.

    Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • I always reserve online. Would she be willing to do this for you or let you use her card number when making the reservation?

    Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • The problem is they want to see the actual card at the pick up desk.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • great suggestion. i will try it.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

  • I'd just have her give you the money so you can use that to pay, or you pay for it and she reimburses you after the vaca.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011