What is your opinion on vow renewal?

Do you think it's a good idea, pointless, etc etc?

.MommieAJ.

Asked by .MommieAJ. at 12:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• If a couple wants to renew their vows then so be it. I could care less.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Personally, I think it's a waste of time and money. We have a great marriage, but we are BUSY! Who has time to plan something like that? Not me!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OMG!!!! I absolutly love them. U totally recommend doing it any chance u get. We did it last year in our church and I was crying. I realuze I still lived my husband. Even aftet 7 yrs. Of marrige I still love him so very much.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• it seems pointless but also sweet its all about the couple and what makes them happy. we got married and had no real wedding, so on our 5th anniversary we renewed our vows, it was nice.
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 12:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I watched my parents in Church one morning, they had all of the married couples stand and face each other, hold hands and say their vows out loud. It was beautiful to see all of those people do that, especially my parents. It's a wonderful memory as being one of their children, and now they are both deceased.. So imo I thinks it's great because the family can see what they didn't get to normally. My parents were married 41 yrs, may they rest in peace.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• IDK, seems crazy to me, like parts of the vows didnt stick the first time ???
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think it's pointless. I know people do it to "re-affirm" their love or commitment but to me, when/if you re-new, it negates everything that came before ... like the first time didn't count.
    Anonymous

• I like the idea. My in-laws just renewed their vows and my hubby and i are thinking about it too. It can be really romantic.
    m3mmamomma

Answer by m3mmamomma at 12:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think it's a wonderful idea if the couple wants to do it. As for a money issue it doesn't have to be a huge affair.
    why all the judgement with it? Dh and I renewed in las Vegas near our 8th anniversary, and I was shocked at all the hot headed reactions I got. things like 'that was wrong of you to wear a dress and veil.' I think that the women that said that were jealous that I got to be a bride again and they didn't.

but for the most part, who cares!?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I got married 20 years ago in August. I was a kid then. My firends and family have completely changed and grown.....so has my relationship with my husband. We had the sweetest marriage in those first years and now, 20 years later, it has grown up to be this mature, amazing union. I'd love to share that with my current friends and family. I think it is a beautiful idea. We plan to do it on our 25th anniversary.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011