I know something but I cant tell you (ugh wth?)

Ok so I have a son whose ALWAYS in trouble. He is Bipolar and refuses his meds. He self medicates. I put him in jail not long ago for being drunk in public. Last weekend an officer showed up at my house asking me if I wanted my son because again he had been found walking down the street drunk. Again I said no go ahead and do a HTS (Hold til sober). He went back to his sisters and that was that.
He has been again MIA and who knows what hes up to. I know probably up to no good. But he refuses to follow my house rules or his sisters and as much as I love him he has to learn his own life lessons.

This morning my dd whose 22 facebook messages me something about my son. She is vague. Something about drugs. I said what about them? She says I cant tell you. I said then call. I cant call either. I said well either you are going to tell me or not because I can probably friggen guess but I hate this crap "I know something but cant tell you". I am going to lock my door and take a nap. She said shes coming over. Oh well. What would you do?>

Asked by gemgem at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• If she comes just tell her that if she has something to tell you she can do that, if she wants to play games or make you guess that you have other things to do. She must want to tell you if she brought it up in the first place, but probably feels like she is betraying her brother. Remind her that she should tell you what she knows, but don't play into dragging it out with guessing games or pleading for her to let you in on the big secret. She should tell you, if she doesn't want to or isn't ready tell her to call or come back when she can share what she knows. Good luck, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'm not sure what i would do, but I don't blame you one bit.
    why is she bringing things up to you if she can't tell you?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would leave the house and let her come over to an empty house to tell her secrets to.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would but my cars broken down lol.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thanks I just hate the whole I know something u dont know. And right now to be honest she is being a big ole tattle tale when it comes to him. I already know half of what she tells me but she acts like its the latest breaking news lol.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would tell her not to waste her time (and yours) coming over if she's not gonna tell you what she knows. And if she is going to tell you then why wouldn't you answer the door when she comes?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh wow,. this must be a very rough and frustrating road you have been on and are still on. I'm so sorry!! I would find out for my own peace of mind when she comes over THEN take a nap
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Because she has no reason to come over to tell me when she is online on FB chatting with me and can tell me lol. Thats why.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011