50 lbs snuck up on me!!!

I am so ashamed of myself. I learned yesterday that I have gained 50 lbs since I gave birth to my son. He is almost seven! I don't know how I lost control like that. I am so so so ashamed. I want to have another baby but I want to lose at least most of those 50 lbs first instead of adding to them! I am also 35 so the biological clock is ticking fast and my metabolism is not like it used to be. How do I do this quickly and safely? Please be nice!!! I am already beating myself up enough, I don't need strangers doing it for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It took 7 years to put on the weight. There is no safe FAST weight loss. It is a slow process. You have to exercise, change your eating habits and slowly change things.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• An entire 100 pounds snuck up on me over the last few years. I tried tons of diets but the only one that shed all the pounds was an extreme low-carb diet. Protein shakes, low-carb veggies & salads, lean meats etc.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am in the same boat i guess..
    I gained alot of weight during pregnancy.. She is almost 5yo now & I am10lbs less than when I was 9mo pregnant! :-(
    Ive told DH i dont want to have another baby until I lose atleaste 50lbs..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You could join a gym or try working out at home. A workout buddy would be nice to have gf, mom, or sister, someone who will support you and won't judge you. When I went back to work a year ago, I was 44 years old, 5'5, and weighed 210 pounds. I now weigh 145 pounds. The 12 hour shifts did it for me.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I feel your pain...75lb's snuck up on me!! don't beat youself up. Just get started moving, eating better. my problem has been surgery for one and being able to move but the other is not eating enough. eat every 2-3 hours. low-carb (not too low) excercise!!!
    We can do it!!! Message me and we can work together!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Amen sister. If you find a safe and fast way, let me know.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am right there with you with 40lbs.. I think the only real way to do this is diet, portion control and excersize.. but believe me, I am still waiting for that magic pill that will eat my fat and not cause any health problems!! I am 32 so I understand your rush for time. I wouldn't hesitate having another baby, TTC and start making your lifestyle change now and during your whole pregnancy and after.. it will come off mama.. Good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Nice to see how many people are in the same boat as me, I gained 50 as well, mainly because of my birth control i think. I am 37 and want 1 more as well. I'm trying to cut down my soda intake and eat more fish chicken and veggies. I hope it will help. Its always easier doing it with a friend but sadly, have none of those..lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Try not to beat yourself up over it. Start researching. Calculate your BMR: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    And follow the calorie needs it lists. Eat Clean such as from such books as: Eating Clean by Tosca Reno, Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels or This is Why Your Fat by Jackie Warner.

Then find a workout that works from you. You can join a gym, get some dvd's, start walking/jogging, find videos at the library or even youtube.....or even Exercise on Demand channel (free all the time) or the channels website: www.exercisetv.tv
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am the same way...My daughter is 2 and I still weigh 50+ lbs too much...According to my BMR I burn 1501.4 cal so I need to eat 1000 cals a day but I really usually eat like 700 cal AND I workout ALL the time so my body is in starvation shutdown mode.....

Maybe thats whats going on with you
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011