For the kids? If your husband has proved that he isn't going to change would you...

stick it out a few more years for the kids sake? He has turned out to be a liar. Not abusive, not a cheat. He's a hard worker, decent father but he's a liar.
I want to leave but our youngest is only 7 and it would destroy him. I feel like sucking it up and playing nice for at least another 3 years for the sake of my kids. What do you think?

***PLEASE DON'T MOVE THIS TO RELATIONSHIPS. I WANT ANSWERS FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF WHAT IS BEST FOR THE KIDS,NOT ME**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depending on what he lies about, I would probably stay,, I know that people will vote me down, but if he is a good father, and your kids would be destroyed, I would sacrifice my own happiness for thier sake. Is there anyway he would go to counseling of some sort?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Your kids can sense the tension. You should never stay in a relationship for the kids' sakes.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Kids feel stress from their parents. They will be happy when you are happy and not before. I left when my kids were 4, 5, and 8. I only wish I had done it sooner!

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Since he's not abusive or cheating how I would answer this question would be determined by what he is lying about and then I would ask why he would feel the need to lie.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well overall if he treats you well & if he is also a semi-decent parent, then I would stay. Basically you would be like roommates that share expenses. The problem with divorce after kids is that you have to CO-parent with the idiot & also you will be paying for 2 households on the income that you currently use for one household, which if you're like most people, doesn't go far enough. Yes, kids sense stress in the house, but it's generally worse for them if they have to commute between homes & rules, because as kids other people's feelings don't affect them that much. Have you tried counseling?
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 2:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That's exactly what I'm saying kimigogo. If I left it would be selfish - because I felt like I wasn't getting what I needed. But it's not about me right now. I want my kids to be happy and I am willing to fake it for a few years for them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• What type of Lying is he doing?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't want to get into it. It doesn't affect the kids - just me. And it's never going to change.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OK I meant more like Big lies that hurt everyone or small white lies.. I understand.. No matter what, Lying is a horrible quality. I'm sorry, I wouldn't know what to do either.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thank you =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2011