Teeth grinding :(

Anyone know of a way to get a 2 1/2 year old to stop grinding his teeth in his sleep? My doctor said it was okay because they're baby teeth that will just fall out in a few years, but my god it wakes me in the middle of a dead sleep most nights. He grinds them soooo LOUD! Anyone ideas would be much appreciated!

MattysWoWMoM

Asked by MattysWoWMoM at 8:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My brothers children (all 3) did the same thing. I researched it for him and it sounds like it could be a calcium deficiency.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 8:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Both my kids and husband do it. It drives me CRAZY!!! My dentist says that it is normal with my kids and that they may or may not grow out of it. But not to worry, it's a wait and see. As for my husband I just kick him in the middle of the night when he wakes me up with that awful grinding noise!!!! :)
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 1:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008