Positive HPT after d&c? Could I be pregnant?

had a d& c 2 1/2 weeks ago. Slighlty bled for 3 days, then I was fine. Took an ovulation predictor 1 1/2 weeks later for several days and gave me a positive and we had intercourse. I had been feeling bloated and tired and I decided to take an early test and it gave me a faint line, enough to show it was positive. Could I be pregannt or could it be hcg from last time?

jessicam99

Asked by jessicam99 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It could be HCG from the last time. It stays in your blood system for a while. But you could also be pregnant. Wait a month and take another test.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It could be from the previous pregnancy if they did not get all of the placenta out. I think that that seems pretty quick to gt symptoms but who knows. call your doc to see what they think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's probably unlikely that you're pregnant already...the HGC is probably residual from your pregnancy. If you miss a period and still are having symptoms, then clearly it's not impossible, but consider talking with your doctor...it's generally considered a wise idea to give your body a little time to build up your stores before you conceive again.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008