Need some supper specials for restaurant!! Pls help!

I work in a bar and grill in my town. We are experimenting with some new specials and are running out of ideas! We are a very small town of mostly farmers and a lot of single ones! They need something hearty without being too much since they eat later at night. They are also (suprisingly) the most picky eaters I have ever seen!! We have made tatertot hotdish, meatloaf, tacos, etc. and they seemed to really like them. We have also used some of the frozen "bar" food to make some specials. Yesterday we had spicy chicken sandwiches with pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and spicy mayo/mustard. I think tonight we are going to have loaded potato wedges (we got a double order of wedges in by accidnet so need to get rid of some).

Any other ideas would be wonderful! Thank you all in advance!

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• fried chicken, pork chops, salisbury steak -- stuff mama might make but that the bachelors don't want to fix for themselves. Sounds like you've got a good thing going there!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• my husband.. finiky eater.. came home with this idea the other day.. and it is pretty tasty.. Chefs salad.. mixed greens or mixed lettuce.. (out of our garden) greenbell peppers.. onions, tomatoes cheese and thin sliced lunchmeat.. it was simple.. no extra heat in the kitchen during the heat wave.. and.. so simple to make.

as a special you could make it up with some of the extras you have for sandwiches.. when you have vegies and meats to move before the move to the trash..

in colder weather what about a version of shepards pie.. using meet, vegtables and mashed potatoes.. to again use up food that you need to move.
    momkelly2

Answer by momkelly2 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Don't think the salad will go over well with the guys! To them a salad is an appetizer not a meal! I think we did try that once though. And the shepards pie sounds amazing. We will have to add that to our list! Good ideas thank you!!!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• what about pot roast, potatoes and a veggie? or an open faced hot sandwich?
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 1:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oooo salsbury or swiss steak does sound yummy! Never though of that one! And we have thought about the roast and veggies. We will have to make sure we get that on the list! Thanks ladies!

We just started this 2 weeks ago and then didn't do any specials last week (we lost a bartender and are now down to 2 of us working and had family issues with the boss and the other bartender so just didn't have time) and all the guys were very upset! The first week we had spaghetti with garlic bread, tator tot hotdish, taco salad, chili specials (whatever they wanted to put chili on chili burger, chili fries, etc), meatloaf with scalloped tatos and veggies. All went over very well. Only had leftovers on the taco salad and thats cuz we made extra cuz we wanted some to take home! Lol!

Im getting hungry just thinking about all of these great ideas!!!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Philly cheese steak is always good. Homemade soups always sold well where I worked. Club sandwiches. Build your own subs might be interesting. Veggy Pizza is also good in the summer and not too hot. Shrimp and fries is good too. We have a place that does veggy lasagna and salad. 4 vegetable ravioli with grilled veggies on the side. I also like Mushroom ravioli..

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Meatloaf Sandwiches, pork chop sandwiches, maybe chicken fried steaks,
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot
    Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss g

Answer by rkoloms at 3:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Mmmm yum thanks ladies! These all sound great and have given me something to think about! I appreciate the help!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011