Is diflucan safe to take in early pregnancy?

wintermommy2011

Asked by wintermommy2011 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes - I had a yeast infection while pregnant and my dr prescribed it for me.

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• well thank you for your feed back i wasnt sure because in my first pregnancy i took monistat but i was already 7 months pregnant so i was just wondering if it was safe but know i know that it is thank you very much for your feed back
    wintermommy2011

Comment by wintermommy2011 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had to take it when I was 5 weeks pregnant for a yeast infection. My OB prescribed it for me :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 2:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yeah I have a major problem with yeast infections during this pregnancy and my doctor has prescribed it to me 3 times already. I'd say it's safe.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My doc also prescribed it to me during 2 pregnancies - it's safer than inserting any YI creams (they're fine to rub on the outside, but not insert into the vagina).
    Anonymous

• Yes mam doc gave it to me first pregnancy......and i used cream for the itch for the outside regions. Goodluck i know that sucks and with it always being hot outside!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thank you to everybody who left me feed back with this i wasnt sure if i was going to take it or not but i finally did end up taking it so hopefully there will be relef coming my way and SOON i hope lol i have always had problems with yeast infections since i was 18 and i only had one with my 1 pregnancy so hopefully its like that with this one too:d
    wintermommy2011

Comment by wintermommy2011 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011