Are video baby monitors really worth the extra money? What's the best brand?

luvr4ula

Asked by luvr4ula at 12:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i love my summer video monitor! i keep the sound on at night but turn off the video. so when he starts to rustle around, fuss, or cry, all i have to do it push the "snooze-like" button to check in on him. i'm a new mom so it really helps me sleep at night. he started to roll on stomach while he sleeps, so it comforts me to be able to see him breathing in the other room.
    renee658

Answer by renee658 at 4:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2008

• I love my video monitor. It is a Summer Infant monitor. My husband purchased it from Ebay so it was cheaper than purchasing it in the store. It is great when you hear a noise and want to check on the baby but not bother them.
    Jordyn1202

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I dunno but I want one...maybe two or even one for every room lol!
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Never used one. Never felt I needed one. If he cries, I could always hear him no matter where I am in the house. And if I want to check on him, I just go in his room. He's a sound sleeper so I can go in and kiss him and he won't wake up.
    vle045

Answer by vle045 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love mine! I have a Summer one...maybe its the Summer Infant, I'm not sure. But its just got the little video screen on the handheld monitor, so if you put batteries in it, you can take it with you. I love it because I can see what she's doing without her seeing me, if she's awake. It was on my baby registry so I didnt have to buy it, we got it as a gift, but I'd probably pay for it anyways. It has night vision too, which is awesome.
    MeaganT

Answer by MeaganT at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I also have the summer video monitor. It saves me from constanly wanting to go in and check on her. Now that my dd is in a toddler bed, i can watch and see what she does after I close the door. Worth every penny
    audreys_mom2006

Answer by audreys_mom2006 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My doctor told me the main reasons to get a video monitor is for premies and high risk SIDS or overly protected mothers that have extra money...
    I want to be one of those overly protected mothers that had extra money but my boyfriend told me no, so, she slept in the room with us beside my side of the bed!
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 2:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love my bebesounds angel care monitor. It monitors sound and movement.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We have the BEBE SOUNDS monitor plus a video monitor. But a cheeper way is to go to sams or costco....or any electronic store any buy a night/day wireless vision camera. Hook it up to a tv and there you go. IT is about 1/2 the price of the "summer infant" ones....and works great.
    We love the Bebe sounds motion monitor! I recommend it to everyone.
    KalisMommy

Answer by KalisMommy at 12:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2008

• Hmm, I think I'm going to follow KalisMommy's suggestion!! Very good to know!

mom2sophia711

Answer by mom2sophia711 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2008