Could your man handel being a stay at home dad and you worked?

I ask cause my other half said that I'm just so off and on... AKA I'm not consistent, all moody. But crap, he doesn't deal with the same crap I do. Yeah his job is dragging on him, but he at least doesn't have to get up 6-7 every morning for the last 2 years!

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• why do you get up that early? as for the original question, my dh would probly prefer it. there are plenty of times he asks me if i want to switch. I think he could handle it, i just don't see the house staying clean though. my house is always clean until he gets home, and don't even get me started on the weekends. lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Mine could not handle it. He's too much of a cave man.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would come home to the kids all hung up on hooks like coats and all his socks would be pink instead of white!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I get up so early cause my 2 year old thinks that's when he NEEDS to be up.. Blah its a huge plot I tell ya! No matter how late he stays up. between 6-7 he is up! But its actually better now then it was last year. He use to wake up 4 or so times a night... So I never go sleep and was always cranky.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• we are doing it right now...
    Right now my hours are in the morning so he gets up cleans cooks changes the boys...when i get home they are takign naps.
    Next wk my hours are going to be 9pm-7am...so go to work come home feed the kids. i will go to sleep dh gets up plays and cleans with the boys. i will get up at about 2pm...so 2-8pm play with the kids.
    It works wonderful for us. We are so oppsite then the normal family anyways...if you dh can handle it and you want to work y not do it.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband did it for some time. In fact he is the one who took paternity leave. I went back to work four weeks after my son was born. I loved it and so did he. If he could be a full time stay at home dad he would.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• mine basically does it, he's awesome with it.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No way! I've left him here for an hour to run to the store and by the time I get back he's going crazy! lol
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My DH would fall out the first day. This past month I have been up to my eyeballs in throw-up and and poopy diapers! He has no clue! I really don't think he's cut out to be Mr. Mom :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My dh gets up every morning by 5. So 6 or 7 seems more like a luxury! My dh would love it if I made that kind of money for him to stay home. He has been so good to provide me the opportunity to stay home and home educate all three kids. I wouldn't trade those years for anything now that all the kids are grown. He did a lot with them and would have loved to do more if he had the chance. He has worked since he was small from collecting cans to working on a dairy farm. He now owns his own business though he heart lies with cowboying--he knows he can't make a living with it. So I would say if you are fortunate enough to be home, be grateful--those are years you can never get back--and most likely won't appreciate until they are gone.

Anonymous