+ or - adult content

well i would like to start off by saying that i have 3 grate kids and i have one no longer with me lost it back in march and had to have a d&c done ! well my ? is i have my monthly last month on the 4th and i know when i could get preg agin with was the 18th of may but i took a test today and it was light but + so i went to my ob to make sure it wasnt wrong and they told me it was - there so witch one do i go by or should i go have a blood test done nit sure witch to do but one thing to do know for sure i cant go though other loss with b4 thank you and love to hear what yall think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How old are you?
    Anonymous

• I would go get a blood test because those are more accurate.
    jamesmomma10

Answer by jamesmomma10 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well, most say if it shows up + then - there may have been a pregnancy.. But with my 1st i got like 2 positives and 3 negatives.. Just wait and check again in a week or 2. :o) Good luck and God bless!
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 12:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• im 25 ! and thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You may have still had some hormones left in due to the miscarriage, if you had a blood test at the doctor, then I would go with that, so sorry for your loss.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thanks ! no i just did a pee test and like i said one at home was p and the one at the drs was n soi was thinking about going to get a blood test done
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It couldn't hurt to get a blood test but you might get a digital one for home and see how that comes out. As someone else said though your hormone levels might not be back to normal after your miscarriage and you might get a positive for that reason. It is hard to tell.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would say i blood test isnt ganna hurt nething ....it could be ur hormones still up from The m/c ...but u never know I had a M/c November 25th.....And I got pregnant December 21st. Didnt even try that time lol. And am still very much preggers. Goodluck mama!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• False positives are VERY rare. Wait 72 hours and take a pink dye tests. If it is positive, get a blood test.

You could have gotten a negative at the doctor because it wasnt FMU and therefore not the most concentrated hormone level in the urine, it was so light they counted it as a negative, or you used a more sensative test at home.

Either way waiting for the hormones to double which happens every 48 to 72 hours will give you a more accurate result on a test.

I lost a baby in January so I know what you are going through. I am now 15 weeks with a baby I concieved 8 weeks after my loss.

Good Luck to You!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• JUST A UPDATE TO ALL YALL WENT IN TODAY AND MADE THEM GIVE ME OTHER PEE TEST THEY DIDNT WANT TO BUT I WOULDNT SHUT UP TILL THEY DID LOL BUT THAT ONE CAME BACK POSITIVES !!!!!!! SHE HAS THE FUNNEST LOOK ON HER FACE TO SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS JUST HIT WITH POOP IN THE FACE LOL I SURE SHOWED HER I'M NOT STUPID THIS ISNT MY 1ST TIME AT THIS GAME ! BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP AND LETTING ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011