Yard Sale Pricing....HELP!

Okay so I'm having a yard sale tomorrow and I'm not sure quite how to price my baby items. All the items are only 1 1/2 years old at the most and I don't want to charge too much, but I also want to make some money. Here are the items and let me know what you think would be a fair asking price for them:

Eddie Bauer Carseat/stroller travel system

Baby blankets (light ones and heavier ones/comforters)

Baby clothes--brand name and no name with some being two and three piece sets

Walker

Playyard (baby sits in the middle and is surrounded by little toys)

Bassinet with sheets

Please let me know!! Thanks!!!!!!

mollyelizabeth8

Asked by mollyelizabeth8 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think anyone wants to pay more than $5 at a yard sale. We sold a great trundle bed for $20 once. And keep in mind, people will try to talk you down on everything. Maybe the travel system could be priced at $20, but take $15.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Think about what you would pay for them if you were at the yard sale. And make sure everything is price negotiable!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• highest 30 dollars.. everyone like a good deal on used things u will make a lil money but your biggest profit will be putting a smile on somebody face..
    cammay

Answer by cammay at 1:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Do you have Craigslist in your area? You might be able to get more money for the pack n play, bassinet, and car/travel system. Here in Austin people were charging $75, $40, and $75 for those items (though whether or not they were getting that price is another thing!)
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I usually price clothes at $1.00 a piece or 15 items for 10 (to encourage people to take more) If stuff is really designer and classic. like a Ralph Lauren Polo or a fancier dress I price them between $3.50 -$10.00 and as the day goes on I will cut some deals because its still more than the local kids clothing reseller gives. Coats I do at $5-$10. Small blankets one dollar and big ones 5-10.
    I have bought strollers and playards as seconds and have paid about $25 a piece for ones in newish condition. Car Seats can range and lots of people are afraid to buy used ones, I personally would sell the set for $50 and let people talk you down as the day goes on. The bassinet depends on the brand and so on. I would start it at 50% of what you paid for it with the sheets and go from there.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Agree with what mostly is said here. You shouldn't sell a used car seat though.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree that you will get more on craigslist for most of the stuff. Yard sales people expect to get a great deal.

Answer by missanc at 1:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011