What To Do?

I have a 2 y.o. ds. He was developmentally delayed and is somewhat verbal right now. He is a very happy,bright child. The only thing is is that he bites. He bites me,dh,my 3.5 y.o. dd and yesterday he bit another child (for the first time). .He does it at random times, so its not because he is frusterated that I can tell. The only time I can tell that brings on a biting time is whe nhe gets really excited. I don't know how to stop him. I have tried various things and he thinks everything is funny that we try.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 1:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bit my daughter back not hard but so that she realizes hey that hurts. Then he will think about it the next time he goes to bite another person
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 1:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thanks for the suggestion. I can't bite him back, I had reconstructive surgery on my upper jaw and "facebone" and I have limited feeling in my upper jawbone, so I wouldn't be able to judge how hard I was biting.
    Bugbait

Comment by Bugbait (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• bit them back a little
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011