EW GOSH TMI adult content

i have a doctors appt today at 3:30 and was thinking about asking them if they would strip my membranes but i started having ALOT of clear and reallyyyy stringy discharge. it was completely clear but i went through almost a whole roll of toilet paper.? i dunno if this is the rest of my mucus plug? or what should i call and try to get in sooner? its 1:30...

lovemybabies923

Asked by lovemybabies923 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah i forgot to put that i am 39 weeks lol.. thanks for everyone who answers
    lovemybabies923

Comment by lovemybabies923 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'd just wait for your appointment. I would just let the doc know what you saw and go from there.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 1:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thats what i keep wanting to do but fiancee is freaking out.. im not in much pain or anything i told him stay at work everything will be fine. so he left work i just love being completely ignored lol
    lovemybabies923

Comment by lovemybabies923 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If it's your mucous plug, then that is normal.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 2:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• lol guys seem to freak out more than women during pregnancy. its cute but can also be irritating. i would just wait until your appointment
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sounds like your mucous plug which is normal. I would definitely wait until you appointment. You could ask about getting your membranes swept but with that there is a chance for infection. Your doctor might or might not do it. Realistically your little one might not be ready and need to be in there for another couple of weeks.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree with above post. Wait for your doctors appt. they may or may not do it per ur doctor. But u are usually not in any kind of danger unless ur water breaks. Good luck!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It could be your mucus blood or your membranes in this book i have it says thats its usually not a gush and the baby can block the fluid so that only a bit comes out every hour. If you start having contractions you know whats up.
    =D
    alexareh

Answer by alexareh at 3:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011