Your "bloody show" adult content

Hi ladies!! i have a question about this lovely part of pregnancy! so im 39 weeks with my first baby and went to my dr last night for my weekly exam and they said i am 1 cm dialated. after the exam i bled a little bit (pinkish) but it stopped completely a few hours before i went to bed. wen i woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom i saw a good amount of brownish blood with a little bit of discharge. it wasnt a lot of discharge but you could see a lil in there. i continued to have the brownish blood for a few more hours but it has now stopped completely. Could this have been my bloody show?? or should i assume it was just bleeding from my exam the previous night? Im confused because the lil bit of bleeding from my exam did stop before this happened. any thoughts? thank you for the help girls, im sure you can recall the anxieties of not knowing when or what labor will be like and all that comes with!!! : )

blue7eyed3girl

Asked by blue7eyed3girl at 1:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Let's see, with my first, I noticed when my mucus plug came out and the word described it (not to be too graphic) It was quite obvious what it was then my water broke, I think a day or so later, no cramps what so ever. Then on my second, the cramps started and later I felt a huge amount of pressure then my water broke. With what your saying, it's hard to tell, it could have been from the exam, I'm not sure? I know it's scary not knowing how it's going to happen, wish I could be more help but good luck.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It is very hard to say....It could be from the exam as ur cervix are much more "sensitive" at the moment.
    But it could be ur bloody show.....I never had one so I cannot be certain. Good luck though!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It sounds like it's probably from the exam, which is very common. THe exams are optional and not necessary. They don't even tell you anything important unless you are at risk of preterm labor. Which, at 39 weeks, you are not.

I'd avoid the exams from now on. No need for them.

To answer your question, I did not have bloody show with either of my pregnancies.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2011