Chemical Pregnancy

I was told I could have a chemical pregnancy. What is this?? They really didn't explain it to me. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive but I'm bleeding, and they told me I might have a chemical pregnancy. Help!!

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 1:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• What Is A Chemical Pregnancy?
    A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it’s down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• IM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS :(
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i will let you know when i was prego with my son i started bleeding they told me i lost him and when i had an ultrasound he was in there moving around..... so there is still hope:)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OMG!!! :( That is heart breaking...................................................
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yea it is :( im very sorry but there could still be hope, have you gone to the doctor??
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I go today at 315 for blood work
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• let me know what happens ill br praying for you,keep your head up... everythng might just turn out complelty fine :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• *hugs* i went through this before my ds was conceived...positive test and i went to the ob cuz i started bleeding. he said that the egg gets fertalized but is ovulated out before it can attach...good luck mama
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thanks for all you ladies help! I did lose the baby :( same thing happened that happend to Josiesmommy00
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011