Work from home

Does anyone work from home that could help me? I really would love to be home with my kids but we really can't afford to lose all my pay. Are there real work from home jobs that aren't scams?? Anyone know of anywhere hiring??

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 1:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would say that 90-95% of those here on Cafemom that work from home own their own business, whether it's their own business or if they are an independent rep for a direct selling company. "Jobs" that pay a decent amount are few and far between.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Have you looked into www.arise.com? It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy talking on the phone and doing customer service, it might work for you. You have too options with them. You can either start your own business or join another business and work for them. Training is anywhere from 2-5 weeks and the pay is anywhere from $8-$14 an hour depending on which company you choose to service.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• There are lots of options for staying home. I have a home business, I blog and I have affiliate positions with numerous companies. There are also at home jobs, but every job I tried from home required me to get a sitter to watch my kids so I could work 8 hours, even though I was home... So that defeated the purpose.

But I am in the process of sorting through the list I have and posting companies on my blog... I should have it up by Sunday. Check then! Here's my blog - Financially Fit

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• DH & I co-own a consulting business, he does most of the "field work", I do some of the computer/book work, and between the two of us, we're home with the kids 24/7.
    Anonymous

• Have you considered your own business? If you are interested, message me for info.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I make Bows headbands etc. for little girls.....Just an off the beatin path kinda business am known for word of mouth locally. Maybe somthing like this. I started it as somthing for me to do...now I make a few extra dollars a month.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home online and I love it! It's not a job, it's a legitimate business. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms who specialize in helping each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have a Gift Basket Business and I love it and yes it is legit!:-)

I do this all from home:-) This may or not be for you, but thought I offer:-)

What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties required,no quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check .:-) If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-) Which will be ending soon.
    After 7 days it's $19.95 a month! That's it!
    Great ways to make extra money:-)
    3 ways to make money:
    recruiting
    sales
    corporate membership accounts

Have a Beautiful Day!:-)
    Best of luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    Gift Basket Biz
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hey i just ran into this and to me its cool but its not a fast way to make money unless you have alot of friends any way its Free and i do mean Free so all you do is watch ads thats it watch up to 20 ads aday and you could start earning money but you earn even more money if you get other people to start watching these ads too so come and check it out you have nothing to lose : http://www.varolo.com/village/artzone
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 11:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree with the first comment. The legit are the businesses. I tried to find the jobs and they just aren't there. I tried one business, and it went no where. Then started up Scentsy and that has been awesome! Check it out if you are interested. www.wicklesswithnickless.com
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2011