How do you stay on track and organized to keep your household running smoothly day by day?

I'm starting my business from home and I so easily get side-tracked with the kids and keeping up with the house. I must treat it like a business or it won't work. How do you balance everything without neglecting either. Need a method I can stick to and still maintain the family, house and grow my business!

angela627

Asked by angela627 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• i am wondering the same thing
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I try not to mess it up in the first place so i do not have to do a lot of cleaning. Keep up with the messes so they do not get to outrageous.

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You need to have a set schedule. Schedule when you will cook, clean, play with kids, help with homework, give baths and night time routine and schedule work time. Stick to the schedule!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I find that lists and routines work best for me. Also, set aside a specific time of the day to do your work.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• As far as keeping up with the messes..It's hard when you have a almost two year old who feels she needs to tear up and get into
    EVERYTHING shes not supposed to touch.LOL!!:)
    angela627

Comment by angela627 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I use Outlook for scheduling and contact management.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• What works for me is to live in the moment (it really works), I do ten minute sweeps through out the day, I make sure each child gets my attention even if in short inervals & I get up early! I hope this helps.
    1northwestmom
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 5:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011