Why do i keep getting UTI's , bladder, and kidney infections? are there any ways to prevent them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• Pee after you have sex, wipe from front to back, do not hold your pee and drink plenty of water. Drink some cranberry juice too.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i'm really bad about holding my pee but when i'm at work its hard for me to catch a break
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i agree with louise2
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Everything louise2 said and drinking a beer every once in a while will help. That is advice from my urologist.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sometimes the doctor will prescribe a prophalaxis . . . 1 antibiotic taken post-coital to prevent.

What works for me is to pee right after you-know-what, and to take 3 cranberry supplements right away with a full glass of water. Also, to wake up at least once a night to empty. If I don't do that., I wind up with a UTI . ..

?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Do you eat/drink a lot of sugary things? Overloading on sugar, both refined & natural, can be a culprit. Same with yeasty products. Do you take a lot of baths? If you do, cut back and don't use any products in the water.
    Anonymous

• Also, wear only cotton underwear, and sleep commando as often as you can. One other question, have you struggled with these all your life, or just recently? You may want to see about getting checked for bladder reflux or whatever it is - you may have something slightly wrong that you're not able to completely empty your bladder every time, causing the infections.
    Anonymous

• I take cranberry softgels every night before bed, and after sex I take two Cystex pills. That's pretty much taken them away for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011