Any Francophiles out there, especially when it comes to furniture design/decorating?

What drew you to this style? Do you have a favorite piece or pieces? Do you go hog wild or just have touches here and there? Do share!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My interest in French country sort of developed over time, though I like French Colonial too having seen some of it in the beautiful houses in South Louisiana. I like the cooler tones of Northern French style better than the earthy Provencal colors, but it's all just lovely-- I can't turn it down.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My interest took time to develop too but when it hit, it hit me hard! I find myself constantly drawn to all things "French" but have learned to reel myself in because I do prefer a more blended look (mix of styles) when it comes to decorating. Still, there's no denying my decorating sense is definitely influenced by French and European style. And like you, I don't care for the Provencal colors ... it's a bit too much "punch" for me ... I prefer a much more muted and worn palette! Thanks for sharing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011