Ever realize that you and your husband or significant other don't really have a lot in common? LOL

My husband is a cigarette smoking; meat eating; computer-loving; videogame addicted; etc; etc.....oh, and he is a soldier in the Army.  I am a vegetarian (aspiring vegan); anti-smoking; technology loathing; hippy dippy chick.  Those are just examples, but the list of our differences go on and on.  We have similar musical tastes though! LOL

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 2:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes but sometimes that is what makes us closer too!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, unfortunately, it led to my first divorce. :(
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My husband and I have almost nothing in common, but we work together really well for whatever reason. We've been together 15 years this month, and married almost 14 of them. I think who you are is so much more important than what you do or like.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Lol, oh yes! Sometimes I tell him if we weren't married then I wouldn't even be friends with him. We have very little in common but something makes us work I guess.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• YES! lol But I must say I was aware of our differences befor we got married. I tend to be high-strung and emotional... He's as laid back as they come. We tend to balance each other out which is helpful. Other differences? He's a sports fanatic and I could care a hill of beans less about sports. I love people and being social. I think he'd be content not to meet new people unless he had to. I worry about every little thing while planning for a family and he doesn't understand why I can't just chill until little ones get here. I didn't set out trying to find an exact mirror of myself when I got married. I enjoy our differences (on most days). :) It's all about compromise! I wouldn't trade him in for anything!
    Ash09855

Answer by Ash09855 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well he's not as interested in the hobby where we met & I've brought that up. You have to work at maintaining a relationship. I say you because it's the woman who's concerned. The man thinks everything's just fine.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 2:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, I like to shop he doesn't ... LOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• When you go out for your 10 year anniversary and have a nice dinner and can barely put together 3 sentences..... thats a big lack of things in common..... thus leading to my divorce.
    (although a lot more than just dinner led to it)
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yep, practically nothing in common but I think we balance each other out. I'm a tense, stressed-out kind of chick and he's laid back and calm. It actually pisses me off sometimes lol but he watches tv, I don't. He is obsessed with golf, I'm not. He has no kids, I have one. But what we have in common is that we like animals and we both work!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, daily. But I would not want someone just like myself!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011