cloth diapers?

my SO and i are concidering using a diaper service once our baby is born. is it really worth it. i know the environmental benefits but is it less expensive and are they really easier then the disposible diapers, i would love your opinions... thanks

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love disposable just cuz when you are out and about you don't have to freak out on what to do with the cloth ones
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 8:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I used cloth but when out used disposable so I didn't have to mess with the cloth.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well i was thinking about cloth for at home and for small errand running but if i as going to a friends house or be out for the day i would use disposible
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I use cloth, they're easy. I don't use a diaper service. I just do a load every day, or every other day.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I use cloth and I don't freak out when I'm out of the house. :) I put them in a bag and bring them home with me.

I used a diaper service for the first month, but I was really much happier when I got rid of them and did my own laundry. Plus, I like the options available beyond just plain white prefolds and boring white covers. :)

Buying my own and washing them, I could LAVISHLY diaper my son for less than $1,000 - birth to potty training. Put that against even the cheapest disposibles and you come out ahead. For really extreme savings, use prefolds and covers and you can diaper your kid from birth to potty training for under $300.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I wash my own cloth diapers and LOVE them! I will never ever use sposies again. We use Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers and Goodmama fitted diapers. It's so worth it. I save money, it's better for my baby, it's better for the environment.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh, and I don't freak out when I'm "out and about" with cloth diapers. You just put the dirty one in a wetbag (small zippered waterproof bag) and toss it into the diaper bag til you get home. Not a big deal at all.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I use cloth and i love it. it is really easy! diapers are not hard to wash at all. it makes me feel better knowing i have something natural next to my baby's skin, not chemicals. you have no idea what they put in sposies! there is an awesome website that has tons of helpful articles on cloth diapering you should check out! Eco Baby Buzz

faiths13

Answer by faiths13 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2008