It never fails! (vent)

It's always naptime! Why do my neighbors ALWAYS decide to mow their lawn, trim their hedges, etc. during naptime? No matter how I adjust his schedule they always do this. It's like they know when his head hits the pillow! Now we are at day two of no nap because somehow, on either side, they end up mowing their lawns within a day of each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe you could mention to them that 2:00 or whatever is naptime. Either they will be nice and avoid that time or they will be shitty and do it on purpose, in which case you can move naptime.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• They really should be able to sleep through a lawn mower. How old is the child? Maybe he is done napping?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! I hate THAT!!! My neighbor did the same thing when my Son was around that age. Even one night, I put my Son to bed at about 8pm. At 10pm my neighbor decided to play with an air compressor in his driveway! I lost control & started flashing my outside lights on & off like a maniac! He stopped & got the message. About a week later, I saw him outside & he apologized for making noise & I said thank you but please try not to make a lot of noise after 8pm. He stopped but still mows & blows at nap time. I got a sound machine for my son & put it on "waves" & it helps drowned out the outside noise.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• that always happened to us too and he NEVER slept through it - as noisy as we were through his infancy, he was/is the lightest sleeper ever!! he used to wake when we would flush the toilet with his sleep machine on in his room
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It's a conspiracy
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I honestly do hate that, just when you think you have them down. BOOM! Something happens. I ahd a beighbor like that, all i did was mention, very nicely, that at that time i was laying my baby boy down and really need quiet. My neighbor was great, even offered to baby sit.
    allysmom3

Answer by allysmom3 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Try to talk to your neighbor about it. Let them know what time your child takes a nap if they be kind enough not to do the yard a t that time. Good luck!
    xnegritalindax

Answer by xnegritalindax at 8:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yea i had same trouble with nebors with new baby i had vist them & tell them
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011