Its hot...what to do

Ok so I am 26weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy(one live birth)
My Son is dieing to go outside and I am dying to take him....Problem is its in the 90's and we have no shade in our yard......Due to BP issues and being on meds. I can only be in sun for so long. We took him to the Waterpark yesterday(there are shaded areas and bungalos to set in also airconditioned rooms for newmoms...newborns...and nursing mothers) but I cant do that everyday. He is tired of playing on Nickjr.....He is tired of coloring and watching TV...he doesnt wanna read books anymore or play with me and his thomas trains......Any ideas of somthing to do ??? Before he and I go crazy with bordom!!!

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 2:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hide and seek? maybe you could let him with his water toys in the tub for a little while? simon says ? you could do or make playdough, We have this fun game my son calls RUNNING GAME. I put a small toy car in the middle of the floor, he runs from one side of the room to the other and tries to jump over the toy, then he gets to pick a bigger toy to try to jump over and then again, lastly a pillow to try to jump over.. he has a blast for some reason plus it gets that extra energy out of him - Good luck.. its miserable hot in mN today too
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Go to the kitchen and have him help you mix up some cookies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i agree with GrnEyedGrandma
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OOO last some DS had an accident at grandmas where he grabbed the pot on the stove that had noodles..and burnt his fingers ...not bad...but he doesnt like the stove lol!!
    But maybe mix them at the table...
    I love the watergun in the bathtub idea!!!
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Do you have the funds to go buy a small pool & a large umbrella, so you can sit in the shade and he can play in the water, even put it up right next to the pool so you could both be in the pool & in the shade?
    Anonymous

• OOO he has a pool i havent thought of the umbrella thing.
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Look for indoor playgrounds, a church in our area, Arkansas, has a huge one.

Worse come to worse a McDonalds with a play place always comes in handy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011